Dryer Vent Cleaning Brookfield WI: More than17,000 dryer fires are reported each year, with failure to clean dryer vents cited as the number one cause. Dryer fires result in deaths, injuries and over $100 Million per year in property damages.
Dryer fires burn hot and spread quickly, and can completely engulf a home within minutes! This is why fire officials and the Brookfield Dryer Vent Cleaning Wizard advise people to never leave home or go to sleep when the dryer is running. A home can be completely destroyed in the short amount of time it takes to run out for a gallon of milk.
Other causes of dryer fires include improper dryer vent installation, using the wrong venting material, storage of combustible material near the dryer and mechanical or electrical problems.
Here are some tips from the Dryer Vent Cleaning Brookfield WI Wizard to prevent dryer fires and increase dryer efficiency:
· Keep a working fire extinguisher, designed for use in the laundry area
· Install smoke alarms, test them often and replace batteries every 6 months
· Clean the lint filter after EVERY load of laundry
· Wash lint screens every few months with soap and water to prevent residue buildup from fabric softeners and dryer sheets
· Do not place rags soaked in combustible substances in the dryer, even if they have been washed; flammable residue can remain and combust in the hot dryer
· Reduce clutter in the laundry room and store flammable items away from your dryer
· Have your dryer vent system professionally inspected and have professional dryer vent cleaning performed annually
· Make sure the dryer vent system is up to code according to city, state, and building and safety standards
· Replace vinyl or flexible foil dryer vent systems with solid metal material
· Route dryer duct so they are as straight and short as possible to maximize air flow and prevent lint build-up at elbows
· Check the outside vent cover for signs of blockage, freezing, or damage.
· Develop and practice a fire safety/emergency plan with your family
Professional dryer vent installation and regular dryer vent cleaning service, performed by a Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician, will ensure your clothes dryer is operating safely and efficiently.
Joseph Emery owns Dryer Vent Wizard, specializing in all dryer vent services including professional dryer vent installation, dryer vent cleaning, dryer vent repair and dryer vent inspections. Joseph is a C-DET Certified dryer exhaust so consumers can trust the Wizard to complete all work according to current safety codes.
The Wizard serves home and businesses in Milwaukee County, Milwaukee, South Milwaukee, West Milwaukee, Greenfield, West Allis, Waukesha County, Waukesha, Brookfield, Oconomowoc, Hartland, Jefferson County, Jefferson, Fort Atkinson, Washington County, West Bend, Hartford, Ozaukee County, Mequon, Cedarburg, Dodge County, Juneau, Mayville and neighboring cities and communities.
53202, 53203, 53204, 53205, 53206, 53207, 53208, 53209, 53210, 53212, 53213, 53214, 53215, 53216, 53217, 53218, 53219, 53220, 53221, 53222, 53223, 53224, 53225, 53172, 53228, 53227, 53186, 53188, 53189, 53005, 53045, 53072, 53066, 53029, 53549, 53538, 53090, 53095, 53027, 53092, 53097, 53012, 53039, 53050